Browse and download over 1,500 articles – feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from twenty-four years of Education About Asia (EAA).
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
in search bar below
Filter your search
by selecting your search criteria in the dropdown boxes. Search filters range from geographic location to article topic
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the entire article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
The Sorrow of the Things They Carried: The American War in Việt Nam and Stories Told by Combat Soldiers from Both Sides
Surveying Southeast Asia with the Newest Edition of Southeast Asia in the New International Era by Robert Dayley
“Shadow R & J” and “The Girl Who Flew”: Introducing Asia through Theater in an Interdisciplinary Honors Program
“Shadow R & J and The Girl Who Flew: Introducing Asia through Theater in an Interdisciplinary Honors Program” Syllabus
School Textbooks and East Asia’s “History Wars”: A Comparative Approach to Teaching About Perspective, Bias, and Historical Memory
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- On the Difference Between Hinduism and Hindutva
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- The Middle Class in India: From 1947 to the Present and Beyond
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The Rise of Hindu Nationalism and Its Regional and Global Ramifications
- "Give Me Blood, and I Will Give You Freedom": Bhagat Singh, Subhas Chandra Bose, and the Uses of Violence in India's Independence Movement
- An Unpromising Recovery: South Korea's Post-Korean War Economic Development: 1953-1961
- The Harper's Magazine article from 1947, "The Decision to Use the Atomic Bomb" by Henry Stimson, to accompany Peter Frost’s article, "Teaching Mr. Stimson."
- Aung San Suu Kyi: A Leader Born, a Leader Made
- India: “The Emergency” and the Politics of Mass Sterilization