Browse and download over 1,500 articles – feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from twenty-four years of Education About Asia (EAA).
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
in search bar below
Filter your search
by selecting your search criteria in the dropdown boxes. Search filters range from geographic location to article topic
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the entire article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
An EAA Interview with the 2017 Franklin R. Buchanan Prizewinner Anne Prescott for East Asia in the World: An Introduction
Supplemental Materials for “Enlivened Learning: How to Play the Karma-based Moksha Game in the College Classroom”
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- On the Difference Between Hinduism and Hindutva
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- The Middle Class in India: From 1947 to the Present and Beyond
- The Journey to the West: A Platform for Learning about China Past and Present
- The Appropriated Geisha: Using Their Role to Discuss Japanese History, Cultural Appropriation, and Orientalism
- "Give Me Blood, and I Will Give You Freedom": Bhagat Singh, Subhas Chandra Bose, and the Uses of Violence in India's Independence Movement
- China's "National Champions": Alibaba, Tencent, and Huawei
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- The US Founders and China: The Origins of Chinese Cultural Influence on the United States