Browse and download over 1,500 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
Sign up for the EAA Digest E-Newsletter and receive monthly updates and announcements from the EAA editor. Subscribe
Help us do more
by supporting EAA through print subscriptions and donations.
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Developments for Tribal Farmers in Rural India
Mongolia’s Environmental Crises: An Introduction
Facts About Asia: Human Flourishing, Energy, and the Environment
“Louder than Words”: A Profile of the Destruction of the Aral Sea and Its Consequences
EAA Interview, Feature Article
Boom Country? An Interview with Alan Rosling
Inspiration in India for a New Generation of Entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurial Success and Grassroots Philanthropy in a Rural Chinese Township
Resources, Teaching Resources Essay
Values Lesson Plan: How Currency Reveals Cultural Values
Using India and China to Interest American Students in Economics
Bhutan: Taking the Middle Path to Happiness
Educating Students about Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
The Origins of the Modern World: A Global and Ecological Narrative
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- China's Great Leap Forward
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- Leaving North Korea: My Story
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- America and the Philippines: Modern Civilization and City Planning
- The British Impact on India, 1700–1900