For questions regarding membership, please read the section below, or visit the AAS Membership page.
How much does an individual membership cost?
The AAS has a graduated membership scale. As a non-profit association, we rely on the graduated dues system to help partially subsidize dues for younger or more impoverished members, who are not yet established in their careers or unable to afford normal dues levels.
How long does an AAS membership last?
All AAS membership types last a minimum of one yea, and all may be purchased for a two- or three-year term. All memberships expire on the anniversary date. To ensure no disruption of benefits, members are encouraged to renew membership before the membership expires.
Members who join for two or three years enjoy a 10% discount.
May I make my membership retroactive?
No. An AAS membership is made active when your payment is processed, and we are unable to backdate memberships or send back issues of the print Journal of Asian Studies.
Who can apply for a Student Membership?
The Student category is designated for full-time students with genuinely low incomes. In order for processing to occur, please attach to the online membership form two forms of proof of current student status, such as:
- Enrollment Verification Letter from the official registrar with current date
- Copy of Transcript – must include current semester
- Copy of Current Course Schedule – must include date of current semester courses and your name
- Copy of student ID – must include the current school year
- A personal statement of student status or quoting a student number does not suffice.
- AAS significantly subsidizes this level of membership and allows members to remain at this level for a maximum of seven (7) years.
- Students are to be engaged in studies that will result in a university degree.
- Individuals who already have earned a doctoral degree may not join at the Student category.
- Only Student members will be able to register for the AAS Annual Conference at the discounted Student rate.
Does the AAS offer refunds for membership?
An AAS membership is non-refundable and not transferable. Membership may be canceled by contacting the AAS via email@example.com. The AAS does not offer refunds for canceled memberships.
Is there a Member Directory?
Yes. The AAS Member Directory is only available online. The online Member Directory is available to AAS members via their member portal account and includes Individual Members only.
When will I receive the Journal of Asian Studies?
You will begin to receive your print version of the Journal of Asian Studies (JAS) after your membership has been activated. The JAS is published in February, May, August, and November of each year. Back issues cannot be mailed as part of your membership; however, they may be ordered directly from Cambridge University Press. All articles from the JAS are available for free to all current AAS members via the membership portal.
How do I access the Journal of Asian Studies?
Online access to the Journal of Asian Studies (JAS) is available to all current AAS members. Once you log into your account at the member portal, select “Members-Only Benefits” page under the “Membership” menu tab. Scroll down and click “Read the Journal of Asian Studies Now.” This will open the Cambridge University Press website. There is no need to register or log into Cambridge’s site once you reach this page. Simply scroll down the page, and select the article(s) from the latest JAS. Older issues are available via the “All Issues” link. All issues of JAS published since 1941 (Volume 1) are available online to current members.
How can I obtain a copy of the Journal of Asian Studies?
Anyone wishing to purchase single copy back issues of the Journal of Asian Studies (JAS) from 2000 to present (from volume 59 and on) should contact:
- For customers in the U.S., Canada or Mexico: Cambridge University Press, Customer Services Department (Journals), 100 Brook Hill Drive, West Nyack, NY 10994-2133; Phone: 1-800-872-7423 or (845) 353-7500; Fax: (845) 353-4141; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Elsewhere: Cambridge University Press, Customer Services Department (Journals), The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU, England; Tel +44 (0) 1223 326070; Fax: +44 (0) 1223 235150; E-Mail: email@example.com.
Back issue prices are $55 for North American customers (US/Canada/Mexico) and £32 + VAT for customers elsewhere.
AAS members may access the online Journal of Asian Studies (JAS) via the member portal.
What is an Associate Membership?
Associate memberships are available to a spouse of a regular AAS member whose membership is current during the same time frame, and the fee paid by the regular member is based on the higher income of the two. At this discounted rate, Associate members will be able to register for the AAS Annual Conference at the member rate. Associate members will have access to the member portal.
Do you publish news about AAS member achievements or awards?
Yes! The AAS encourages its members to inform us of achievements or awards for inclusion in monthly “Member News & Notes” email newsletters. Items for these posts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why can I not have my family name listed first on my member account or mailing label?
The AAS database has one field for a member’s first name, and one field for family name. For consistency, all members are listed “First Name,” then “Family Name.” The AAS apologizes for any inconvenience; however, we cannot change the order of names on member accounts or mailing labels.
Do other presses offer discounts to AAS Members?
Yes. AAS Members receive the following publication discounts:
- 20% discount on all AAS publications
- 50% discount on JPASS access to JSTOR
- 30% discount on MIT Press publications
- 30% discount on University of California Press publications
- 25% discount on Cambridge University Press publications
- 20% discount on Columbia University Press publications
To obtain discount codes and access the press websites, please log in to your AAS member account and select “Members-Only Benefits” under the “Membership” menu.
Where can I get a copy of my receipt?
Receipts are available online as soon as membership is paid. Copies of previous payments are available to view after logging in, and are located under “Recent Orders” of your User Account.
If you have a question not addressed in the FAQ above, please contact our Membership Manager using the form below.