Recognizing the importance of primary and secondary teachers in the field of Asian Studies, we created the K-12 Educator Trial Membership as an on-ramp for educators to become engaged with and eventually members of the Association for Asian Studies.
Through this year-long trial membership, K-12 educators have access to:
- Special K-12 Educator AAS Annual Conference registration rate
- The Journal of Asian Studies (online)
- Education about Asia digital archives
- The AAS Community Forum
- Our monthly e-newsletters, including:
- AAS Member News & Notes (Asian Studies events and member news)
- AAS Publications E-Newsletter (New book releases)
- #AsiaNow Digest E-Newsletter (Updates on the latest #AsiaNow blog posts)
- EAA Digest E-Newsletter (Including teaching resources and book reviews)
In addition, trial members can participate in member-exclusive AAS Digital Dialogues.
This trial membership is open only to new members. Applicants must provide proof of educator status (engaged in instruction at the primary and secondary education or pre-college/university level) at the time of joining.
To access the trial membership, please click the button below and fill out a short form with your information.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
* Active K-12 Educator Trial Members are not eligible to receive a print copy of the Journal of Asian Studies, apply for AAS-member-only grants and competitions, and participate in AAS elections (as candidates or voters). A paid, regular AAS membership is required for these AAS member benefits.