Browse and download over 1,500 articles – feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from twenty-four years of Education About Asia (EAA).
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
in search bar below
Filter your search
by selecting your search criteria in the dropdown boxes. Search filters range from geographic location to article topic
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the entire article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Asia: Experiential Learning — Guest Editor, Tommy Lamont: Encompass Southeast Asia: A Unique Experiential Learning Opportunity through the University of Richmond
Planting the seeds of Wild Mustard: Reading Vietnamese Short Stories in the Study of Asian History and Religion
Surveying Southeast Asia with the Newest Edition of Southeast Asia in the New International Era by Robert Dayley
Comparative History of Genocide in Southeast Asia: Using Cambodia and East Timor in Asian Civilizations and World History Survey Courses
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The Middle Class in India: From 1947 to the Present and Beyond
- "Give Me Blood, and I Will Give You Freedom": Bhagat Singh, Subhas Chandra Bose, and the Uses of Violence in India's Independence Movement
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- Music as a Gateway to Learning about East Asia
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- On the Difference Between Hinduism and Hindutva
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict