Browse and download over 1,500 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
Sign up for the EAA Digest E-Newsletter and receive monthly updates and announcements from the EAA editor. Subscribe
Help us do more
by supporting EAA through print subscriptions and donations.
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Helping Students Overcome Fear of “Foreignness” in Teaching Asian Religions
Web Gleanings: Food, Culture and Asia
The Wm. Theodore de Bary and Ainslie T. Embree AAS Fund for Education and Outreach
The Politics of the Thai Table: Food, Manners, Values
Resources, Teaching Resources Essay
China in the World: The Rise and Fall of the Canton System
Three New Volumes: Key Issues in Asian Studies
Notions of Rights in the United States and Japan
Democratic Japan: The Rise of Local Women Politicians
Using Food to Teach about Chinese Culture
Understanding Contemporary Asia through Food
Who’s Afraid of Chop Suey?
Democracy in Action in Japan’s Foreign and Security Policymaking
Grassroots Democracy and Civil Society in Japan
An EAA Interview with 2011 Franklin R. Buchanan Co-Prize Winner Peter Perdue
Exploring Indian Culture through Food
Central Asia in World History
Globalizing Asian Cuisines: From Eating for Strength to Culinary Cosmopolitanism —A Long History of Culinary Globalization
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- An Unpromising Recovery: South Korea's Post-Korean War Economic Development: 1953-1961
- Leaving North Korea: My Story
- The British Impact on India, 1700–1900