Browse and download over 1,500 articles – feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from twenty-four years of Education About Asia (EAA).
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
in search bar below
Filter your search
by selecting your search criteria in the dropdown boxes. Search filters range from geographic location to article topic
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the entire article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Table that Accompanies Periodization and Historical Patterns in Chinese History: Approaches to Historical Thinking Skills in AP World History
“Shadow R & J and The Girl Who Flew: Introducing Asia through Theater in an Interdisciplinary Honors Program” Syllabus
“Shadow R & J” and “The Girl Who Flew”: Introducing Asia through Theater in an Interdisciplinary Honors Program
“Cutting-Edge Samurai Theatre: Noh Then, Noh Now, Noh Tomorrow” by Matthew R. Dubroff and “In the Noh: Using Samurai Theater in the History Classroom” by Eric G. Dinmore Syllabi
Walk Like a Samurai Using Japanese: Performing and Martial Arts to Teach Historical Inquiry Syllabus
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The Middle Class in India: From 1947 to the Present and Beyond
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- A Brief Essay on my Key Issues Book: The Philippines: From Earliest Times to the Present
- On the Difference Between Hinduism and Hindutva
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- "Give Me Blood, and I Will Give You Freedom": Bhagat Singh, Subhas Chandra Bose, and the Uses of Violence in India's Independence Movement
- India: “The Emergency” and the Politics of Mass Sterilization
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China