Browse and download over 1,500 articles – feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from twenty-four years of Education About Asia (EAA).
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
in search bar below
Filter your search
by selecting your search criteria in the dropdown boxes. Search filters range from geographic location to article topic
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the entire article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
A Brief History of Indonesia: Sultans, Spices, and Tsunamis The Incredible Story of Southeast Asia’s Largest Nation. Reviewed by Paul A. Rodell
Understanding China through Comics, Volume 2 Division to Unification in Imperial China: The Three Kingdoms to the Tang Dynasty (220–907)
A Village with My Name: A Family History of China’s Opening to the World. Reviewed by Kristin Stapleton
Challenging Homogeneity in Contemporary Korea Immigrant Women, Immigrant Laborers, and Multicultural Families
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- The Appropriated Geisha: Using Their Role to Discuss Japanese History, Cultural Appropriation, and Orientalism
- India: “The Emergency” and the Politics of Mass Sterilization
- Web Gleanings: Traditional and Contemporary Asia: Numbers, Symbols, and Colors
- The Films of Hayao Miyazaki: Shinto, Nature, and the Environment
- Postcolonial Religious Conflict in Southeast Asia
- The Rise of Hindu Nationalism and Its Regional and Global Ramifications
- The Journey to the West: A Platform for Learning about China Past and Present
- An Unpromising Recovery: South Korea's Post-Korean War Economic Development: 1953-1961