Browse and download over 1,500 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
Sign up for the EAA Digest E-Newsletter and receive monthly updates and announcements from the EAA editor. Subscribe
Help us do more
by supporting EAA through print subscriptions and donations.
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Outreach Programs at the National Resource Centers for the Study of Asia
Web Gleanings: Asian Dance
Enduring Stereotypes about South Asia: India’s Caste System
Black Eggs: Poems
Rebeka Goes to China
Teacher Outreach in Japanese Studies: A Case Study
Maritime Southeast Asia to 1500
Japanese Women: New Feminist Perspectives on the Past, Present, and Future
EAA Interview, Feature Article
Framing Japan’s Constitution: An EAA Interview with Colonel Charles L. Kades
Songs My Mother Taught Me
Educating Hearts and Minds: Reflections on Japanese Preschool and Elementary Education
The Internet and Education About India
Asia and the Voluntary World History Standards: A Teacher’s Perspective
Ways of Enlightenment: Buddhist Studies at Nyingma Institute
Teaching and Interpreting the Works of Kurosawa Akira
Incorporating Asia in the General Education Curriculum
Japanese History and Literature
Masterworks of Asian Literature in Comparative Perspective: A Guide for Teaching
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- Leaving North Korea: My Story
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- An Unpromising Recovery: South Korea's Post-Korean War Economic Development: 1953-1961
- The British Impact on India, 1700–1900