How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Handouts for “Twentieth-Century Chinese Entrepreneurs before 1949: Literature Excerpts for the Classroom”
Using the Lowy Institute Asia Power Index to Teach Social Science: A Plan for a Facilitated Discussion
The Sorrow of the Things They Carried: The American War in Việt Nam and Stories Told by Combat Soldiers from Both Sides
Planting the seeds of Wild Mustard: Reading Vietnamese Short Stories in the Study of Asian History and Religion
An EAA Interview with the 2019 Franklin R. Buchanan Prizewinner Michael A. Fuller for An Introduction to Chinese Poetry: From the Canon of Poetry to the Lyrics of the Song Dynasty
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- Teaching about the Colonial India State and Society with Six Acres and a Third
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- The Middle Class in India: From 1947 to the Present and Beyond
- An Unpromising Recovery: South Korea's Post-Korean War Economic Development: 1953-1961
- America and the Philippines: Modern Civilization and City Planning