Browse and download over 1,500 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
in search bar below
Filter your search
by selecting your search criteria in the dropdown boxes. Search filters range from geographic location to article topic
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the entire article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
The Appropriated Geisha: Using Their Role to Discuss Japanese History, Cultural Appropriation, and Orientalism
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Middle Class in India: From 1947 to the Present and Beyond
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- Teaching about the Colonial India State and Society with Six Acres and a Third
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- On the Difference Between Hinduism and Hindutva
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- An Unpromising Recovery: South Korea's Post-Korean War Economic Development: 1953-1961