Browse and download over 1,500 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
Sign up for the EAA Digest E-Newsletter and receive monthly updates and announcements from the EAA editor. Subscribe
Help us do more
by supporting EAA through print subscriptions and donations.
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
The US Founders and China: The Origins of Chinese Cultural Influence on the United States
The Asian Soul of Transcendentalism
America and the Philippines: Modern Civilization and City Planning
Japan Matters: Promoting World Peace through Education, Science, and International Partnerships
A History of Thailand, 2nd Edition
Why Japan Matters
Book Review, Online Supplement
Understanding Contemporary India, 2nd Edition
Dean Worcester’s Photographs and American Perceptions of the Philippines
Ambassadors of Exchange: The 1860 Japanese Mission to the US
Back in Time: Pictures Worth More than 1,000 Words
The Silk Road in World History
Spheres of Transaction in Thai Buddhism
American Influences on Sun Yatsen
Web Gleanings: US, Asia, and the World: 1620–1914
Advice to Students Choosing a Foreign Language: Go Asian
Elgin Heinz Winners Teaching Ideas
Modern Japan: A Historical Survey (Fourth Edition)
Dreaming in Chinese: Mandarin Lessons in Life, Love, and Language
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Essentials: How the Film Tora! Tora! Tora! May Be Utilized as a Teaching Tool About Pearl Harbor
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- Leaving North Korea: My Story
- Japan’s Motives for Bombing Pearl Harbor, 1941
- The British Impact on India, 1700–1900