EAA Interview, Feature Article
Browse and download over 1,500 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
Sign up for the EAA Digest E-Newsletter and receive monthly updates and announcements from the EAA editor. Subscribe
Help us do more
by supporting EAA through print subscriptions and donations.
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
The Keys to Understanding Indonesia
Rethinking the Rise of European Hegemony: Asia in World History, 1450-1750
India in the World; the World in India 1450-1770
Admiral Yi Sun–Shin, the Turtle Ships, and Modern Asian History
Japan and the World, 1450-1770: Was Japan a “Closed Country?”
China and the World History of Science, 1450-1770
Resources, Teaching Resources Essay
Confucianism: Understanding and Applying the Analects of Confucius
The Real North Korea: Four North Korea Documentaries
China’s History and World History: Bridging World History
They Chose China
Teaching Modern Japanese History with Animation: Satoshi Kon’s Millenium Actress
On the Road with the Red God Macchendranath
Online Music Resources for Teaching Silk Road History and Geography
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- China's Great Leap Forward
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- Leaving North Korea: My Story
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- The British Impact on India, 1700–1900
- America and the Philippines: Modern Civilization and City Planning