Browse and download over 1,500 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
Sign up for the EAA Digest E-Newsletter and receive monthly updates and announcements from the EAA editor. Subscribe
Help us do more
by supporting EAA through print subscriptions and donations.
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Ainu-e: Instructional Resources for the Study of Japan’s Other People
Genji to Godzilla: Using Art and Film to Teach Japan
How to Watch a Hindi Film: The Example of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
A Picture (A Statue or a Beaker) Is Worth a Thousand Words: Teaching Fundamental Chinese Cultural Concepts through Art
Buddhist Art Styles and Cultural Exchange Along the Silk Road
The Electronic Helmsman: Mao Posters on the Web
A Glimpse of Chinese Culture through Papercuts
Transculturation: A Pedagogical Approach to Asian Art
Performance Art in the Classroom: Teaching through Kabuki and Chinese Opera
Columns, Curriculum Materials Review
Religions and Philosophies in China: Confucianism, Daoism, and Buddhism
Ash: A Novel
The 2nd ASEAN Reader
The Golf War: A Story of Land, Golf, and Revolution
Lost in Translation
Transport of Delight: The Ricksha Arts of Bangladesh
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- An Unpromising Recovery: South Korea's Post-Korean War Economic Development: 1953-1961
- Leaving North Korea: My Story
- The British Impact on India, 1700–1900