Browse and download over 1,500 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
Sign up for the EAA Digest E-Newsletter and receive monthly updates and announcements from the EAA editor. Subscribe
Help us do more
by supporting EAA through print subscriptions and donations.
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
The Democracy of the Dead: Dewey, Confucius, and the Hope for Democracy in China
Brush Meditation: A Japanese Way to Mind & Body Harmony
Asian Factoids: Winter 2001
Web Gleanings: Afghanistan, the Taliban and Related Sites
The Sacred Willow: Four Generations in the Life of a Vietnamese Family
Understanding Contemporary China
Feature Article, Teaching Resources Essay
Reading Across the Curriculum: Using the Fiction of the Indian Subcontinent in Social Science Classes
Ten Misconceptions About India and Indic Traditions
Access Asia: 3 Volumes
Teaching About India at the Secondary School Level
Robert Thurman: An EAA Interview
Options for Teaching Gandhi and King
The Clandestine Curriculum: Temple of Doom in the Classroom
Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan
Traditional Female Moral Exemplars in India
Comparing History: Beasley Versus Schirokauer
Map of the Populations of Japan and the United States and Commentary
Martial Musings: A Portrayal of Martial Arts in the 20th Century
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- Leaving North Korea: My Story
- An Unpromising Recovery: South Korea's Post-Korean War Economic Development: 1953-1961
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- The British Impact on India, 1700–1900