Browse and download over 1,500 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
Sign up for the EAA Digest E-Newsletter and receive monthly updates and announcements from the EAA editor. Subscribe
Help us do more
by supporting EAA through print subscriptions and donations.
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
‘Have Fun in China,’ She Said as I left For Japan
Building the Great Wall
The Power of Place
The Three Gorges: Dam Energy, the Environment, and the New Emperors
Made in China: Ideas and Inventions from Ancient China
Indigenous Peoples of Asia
Long, Long Autumn Nights: Selected Poems of Oguma Hideo, 1901–1940
May Fourth Women Writers: Memoirs
Curriculum Materials Review, Resources
U.S.-Japan Relations, The View From Both Sides of the Pacific
North Vietnam: Now Fiction and Essays from Hanoi
Mondays on the Dark Night of the Moon: Himalayan Foothill Folktales
Religions of India in Practice
Geography’s Importance to Japan’s History
Hinduism and Buddhism
Mao: The Real Man
Asian Factoids: Spring, 1998
Central Asia and “Levels” of Development
Geographic Dimensions of Indonesia’s Increasing Importance in the World
Web Gleanings: Asian Geography
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Essentials: How the Film Tora! Tora! Tora! May Be Utilized as a Teaching Tool About Pearl Harbor
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- Japan’s Motives for Bombing Pearl Harbor, 1941
- Leaving North Korea: My Story
- America and the Philippines: Modern Civilization and City Planning