How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Oh Brave New World That Has Such Lessons In It: Using the Series Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex as a Critical Text
Analyzing the Appeal of Manga: Teaching Information Literacy Skills through Japanese Popular Culture
Catfish, Super Frog, and the End of the World: Earthquakes (and Natural Disasters) in the Japanese Cultural Imagination
Girl (and Boy) Troubles in Animeland: Exploring Representations of Gender in Japanese Animation Films
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- China's Great Leap Forward
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- Teaching about the Colonial India State and Society with Six Acres and a Third
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- The Middle Class in India: From 1947 to the Present and Beyond
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- An Unpromising Recovery: South Korea's Post-Korean War Economic Development: 1953-1961