Browse and download over 1,500 articles – feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from soon-to be twenty-six years of Education About Asia (EAA).
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
in search bar below
Filter your search
by selecting your search criteria in the dropdown boxes. Search filters range from geographic location to article topic
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the entire article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Oh Brave New World That Has Such Lessons In It: Using the Series Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex as a Critical Text
Analyzing the Appeal of Manga: Teaching Information Literacy Skills through Japanese Popular Culture
Catfish, Super Frog, and the End of the World: Earthquakes (and Natural Disasters) in the Japanese Cultural Imagination
Girl (and Boy) Troubles in Animeland: Exploring Representations of Gender in Japanese Animation Films
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- Cyberbullying in Asia
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- The Middle Class in India: From 1947 to the Present and Beyond
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- India: “The Emergency” and the Politics of Mass Sterilization
- On the Difference Between Hinduism and Hindutva
- China's Great Leap Forward
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- An Unpromising Recovery: South Korea's Post-Korean War Economic Development: 1953-1961