Browse and download over 1,500 articles – feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from twenty-four years of Education About Asia (EAA).
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
in search bar below
Filter your search
by selecting your search criteria in the dropdown boxes. Search filters range from geographic location to article topic
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the entire article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
“Shadow R & J and The Girl Who Flew: Introducing Asia through Theater in an Interdisciplinary Honors Program” Syllabus
“Shadow R & J” and “The Girl Who Flew”: Introducing Asia through Theater in an Interdisciplinary Honors Program
“Cutting-Edge Samurai Theatre: Noh Then, Noh Now, Noh Tomorrow” by Matthew R. Dubroff and “In the Noh: Using Samurai Theater in the History Classroom” by Eric G. Dinmore Syllabi
Walk Like a Samurai Using Japanese: Performing and Martial Arts to Teach Historical Inquiry Syllabus
Links to Internet Materials to accompany the feature article “The Qin: China’s Most Revered Musical Instrument”
Audio and Performance Samples to accompany the feature article “A Tour of Music Cultures in South Asia: Classical and Devotional Music”
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- Rashomon Revisited
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- The Appropriated Geisha: Using Their Role to Discuss Japanese History, Cultural Appropriation, and Orientalism
- The Films of Hayao Miyazaki: Shinto, Nature, and the Environment
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The Sorrow of the Things They Carried: The American War in Việt Nam and Stories Told by Combat Soldiers from Both Sides
- India: “The Emergency” and the Politics of Mass Sterilization
- A Tale of Two Warlords: Republican China During the 1920s
- Prodigy of Taiwan, Diva of Asia: Teresa Teng