|NEW FOR 2023: Beginning with Spring 2023, subscribers to the print edition of Education About Asia (EAA) will receive additional exclusive digital access to the current year’s three issues (spring, fall, and winter) as an online flipbook for the duration of their active subscription. Articles from the three print issues for 2023 will be uploaded to the EAA Digital archives in 2024. View the TOC and Editor’s Message for the Spring 2023 issue. Subscribe today to stay up to date with EAA!
Browse and download over 1,900 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
Sign up for the EAA Digest E-Newsletter and receive monthly updates and announcements from the EAA editor. Subscribe
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Key Issues in Asian Studies: Indonesia: History, Heritage, Culture: A Short Interview with Kathleen M. Adams
A Brief History of Indonesia: Sultans, Spices, and Tsunamis The Incredible Story of Southeast Asia’s Largest Nation. Reviewed by Paul A. Rodell
Surveying Southeast Asia with the Newest Edition of Southeast Asia in the New International Era by Robert Dayley
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- America and the Philippines: Modern Civilization and City Planning
- The British Impact on India, 1700–1900
- Japan’s Motives for Bombing Pearl Harbor, 1941
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- Grave of the Fireflies and Japan's Memories of World War II
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Leaving North Korea: My Story