Browse and download over 1,500 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
Sign up for the EAA Digest E-Newsletter and receive monthly updates and announcements from the EAA editor. Subscribe
Help us do more
by supporting EAA through print subscriptions and donations.
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
Review of the Berkshire Dictionary of Chinese Biography: Volume 1: Xia and Shang Dynasties through the Tang Dynasty
Bing: From Farmer’s Son to Magistrate in Han China
Resources, Teaching Resources Essay
Confucius in East Asia
Curriculum Materials Review, Resources
Western Civilization with Chinese Comparisons, 3rd edition
Teaching Early China and Ancient Rome Comparatively
The Classic of the Way and Virtue: A New Translation of the Tao-Te Ching of Laozi As Interpreted by Wang Bi
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, handpicked by EAA Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Exploring Indian Culture through Food
- The British Impact on India, 1700–1900
- Leaving North Korea: My Story
- On the Difference Between Hinduism and Hindutva