|Browse and download close to 2,000 articles — feature articles, lesson plans, interviews, classroom resources, and book and film reviews — from Education About Asia (EAA)!
|View the Editor’s Choice Articles — a curated list handpicked by EAA Founding Editor, Lucien Ellington, which provides an excellent overview of Education About Asia and introduction for new readers.
Help us do more
by supporting EAA through donations.
How to use the EAA Online Search Engine
PLEASE NOTE: All article and essay illustrations, including many images and graphics necessary for understanding the content, may be viewed in the PDF.
Use the dropdown menus
to search by author, geographic location, article type, and academic field
to search the full text of articles (where search terms may not appear in the article title, eg.)
View an article
by clicking on its title. To view the original print version of the article, select “PDF”
Search for Articles
NOTE: Archive articles may be downloaded and reproduced for personal or classroom use only.
An EAA Interview with Lauren McKee Author of Japanese Government and Politics An AAS Key Issues in Asian Studies Publication
New to EAA?
Before viewing the full archives, view Editor’s Choice Articles, which provide a good overview of EAA and introduction for new readers.
Most Viewed Articles
- America and the Philippines: Modern Civilization and City Planning
- The Philippines: An Overview of the Colonial Era
- The British Impact on India, 1700–1900
- Japan’s Motives for Bombing Pearl Harbor, 1941
- The History of Economic Development in India since Independence
- China's Great Leap Forward
- Teaching about the Comfort Women during World War II and the Use of Personal Stories of the Victims
- Wu Zhao: Ruler of Tang Dynasty China
- Trial at the Red Fort 1945-1946: The Indian National Army and the End of the British Raj in India
- The Korean War 101: Causes, Course, and Conclusion of the Conflict