The AAS has a graduated dues structure. As a non-profit association, we rely on the graduated dues system to help partially subsidize dues for younger or more impoverished members.
Member dues (except for Student, Associate, and Patron/Lifetime members) are based on gross income from all sources, not limited to one’s individual salary.
Students who purchase a regular membership are not eligible for the above benefits. Students who join as a regular member cannot change to the student membership category until the duration of the regular membership has expired.
- Student memberships must be renewed annually (two- or three-year options are not available)
- Students are to be engaged in studies that will result in a university degree. Individuals who already have earned a doctorate degree may not join at the student category. The student category is designated for full-time students with genuinely low incomes.
- Proof of current student status is required before membership activation. Attach current enrollment form, tuition bill, or student ID with date to online membership form, or email to AAS Membership Manager, Doreen Ilozor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (734) 665-3801.
- A student card that is valid for several years does not indicate current student status, please provide additional proof.
- AAS significantly subsidizes this level of membership and allows members to remain at this level for a maximum of seven (7) years.
Gross Income Not Limited to Salary
$100,00 or more
Associate membership is available to a spouse of a regular AAS member whose membership is current during the same time frame. The fee paid by the regular member is to be based on the higher income of the two. Associate members have the same benefits as regular members but are not mailed the printed Journal of Asian Studies. The Associate membership is activated via the regular member’s profile.
|Gross Income||One Year||Two Years||Three Years|