Patrick D. Hanan Book Prize
The Hanan Prize for Translation (China and Inner Asia) was established in 2015 and is given biennially to an outstanding English translation of a significant work in any genre originally written in Chinese or an Inner Asian Language, from any time period.
$1,000 award for the translator.
Guidelines for Submission
- Only books bearing a copyright date of 2019 or 2020 will be eligible for the 2022 awards.
- Publishers must complete the book nomination form.
- Each press may nominate a maximum of six books for the Hanan Prize.
- Only publishers may nominate books.
- Upon receipt of a completed nomination form, publishers will be provided with addresses for prize committee members. A copy of each entry, clearly labeled “Patrick D. Hanan Book Prize,” must be sent to each member of the appropriate committee.
Nominations must be received by July 15, 2021 to be eligible for the 2022 awards.
Hanan Prize Committee
Chaohua Wang (Chair)
Arizona State University
Author & translator