Call for Papers – Journal of Race, Ethnicity and the City
The Urban Affairs Association is delighted to announce our new journal, the Journal of Race, Ethnicity and the City (JRE), and we are now ready to accept manuscripts for review.
The journal will:
• Serve as an outlet for ground-breaking theoretical and empirical approaches that explore race, ethnicity, identity and social justice;
• Examine the complex relations between race, ethnicity and other vectors of identity, including gender, class, religion and sexuality;
• Explore the influence of these complexities in shaping the social, economic, political, environmental, and cultural dimensions of urban spaces;
• Deconstruct the role of colonial and post-colonial practices and discourses on race and ethnicity in shaping the urban spaces of everyday life within a global context;
• Expand the global discourse on race, ethnicity and other vectors of identity;
• Promote interdisciplinary and comparative insights into race and ethnicity.
We are particularly interested in groundbreaking theoretical, empirical and engaged scholarship manuscripts that meet the aims and scopes of the journal and set the tone for future issues of JRE. It is our intention to have all manuscripts reviewed within a reasonable timeframe, allowing authors to receive timely comments and suggestions from reviewers. JRE uses a double-blind review process and asks all authors and reviewers to avoid self-recognizing information within their manuscripts.
Our goal is to publish the first issue of JRE by Spring of 2020. Taylor and Francis will treat the inaugural issue as open-source, making all manuscripts available online.
To be considered for the first issue(s), the full article should be submitted here by January 15, 2020.
For further questions, please contact the editors:
Yasminah Beebeejaun, University College London (United Kingdom)
Ali Modarres, University of Washington, Tacoma (USA)