Information that can better prepare you for presenting at an upcoming AAS Annual Conference.
Important dates for Session Presenters
Please make note of these important dates
- September 24 – Conference Pre-registration is open
- November 12 – Deadline for all presenters to pre-register. You MUST preregister to ensure your name appears in the program book.
- November 12 – Deadline to submit session title, and people changes and updates
- December 2 – Deadline to request a registration refund
- February 1 – Last day to submit changes for abstracts.
Letter of Invitation
To help you substantiate why you are attending the conference, the AAS will provide panel participants (panel chairs, paper presenters and discussants) a personalized invitation letter.
CLICK HERE to request a letter of invitation.
Session, Title and Abstract Updates and Changes
The program committee’s decision to accept panel proposals are based on the understanding that the accepted session was submitted in its final form. With the understanding that the session will be presented as originally submitted in the panel proposal.
However, we will accommodate specific updates and changes after acceptance as listed below.
Panel session titles Paper presentation titles
- Panel or paper abstracts* (Feb. 1, 2020 deadline)
- Participant substitutions (in the case of a participant withdrawal from the panel)
- Panel Chair or Panel Discussant additions (in the case the original proposal did not include a Panel Chair or Discussant).
- Additional participants. We will not accept an additional paper presenter or new paper co-author(s) to a panel session. Only in the case of a withdrawal.
Deadline Dates for Updates/Changes
Please submit all updates by November 12, 2019. This includes all name changes (substitutions and additions). This date is FINAL. November 12, 2019, is the AAS’ deadline to finalize the final conference program file for submission to our publisher. This means all TITLE and NAME UPDATES must be submitted by this date to be included in the final printed program.
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING CHANGES TO PANEL OR PAPER TITLES.
ABSTRACT UPDATES will be accepted through February 1. Please click below to submit updates to session or paper ABSTRACTS
Session Audio Visual Equipment
Each panel session room will include the following audiovisual equipment:
- One (1) LCD Projector and screen for PowerPoint presentations
- One (1) Podium Microphone; Roundtable sessions will also include table microphones.
- Connection for PC computers* (Apple Computer users should bring their own display port to connect to the projector)
- Sound and speakers
- All meeting rooms will have a wireless internet connection
Panel Participants DO NOT need to contact the AAS separately to request equipment or confirm that the meeting room will include this equipment.
Meeting Rooms WILL NOT include:
- Computers – The AAS does not provide computers for panel sessions. Panelists are responsible for coordinating the use of a computer with their fellow panelists. We recommend using one computer for a session, rather than each presenter switching out computers for each presentation. This would require each presenter to bring their presentation on a separate thumb drive, or coordinate uploading all presentations to one computer for a more seamless presentation.
- Additional equipment beyond what is provided above including, recording devices, overhead projector, DVD players, etc.
Apple computer users should bring their own display port to connect to to the projector. Because there are a variety of apple computers models, the A/V company cannot accommodate a connection to the Projector for all types of computers. If you are using a Macintosh computer for your panel presentation, please make sure to bring this port connection with you. Below is a sample image of mini-display port for apple computer.