AAS 2023 Annual Conference Registration
Conference Registration is now open!
*If you wish to join the AAS or renew your membership, please add the membership category to your registration to receive member conference registration rates. (Step-by-step instructions available)
Choose how you will attend the annual conference. Register for in-person March 16-19 in Boston, Massachusetts, and enjoy complimentary access to the virtual portion held February 17-18.
Not able to make it to Boston? That’s ok, attendees can still participate in the virtual-only portion of the Annual Conference in February. Select your registration type to see rates.
2023 Boston In-Person + Virtual Access
Registration Deadlines & Rates
Early Bird Rate
Thru Feb 13
Thru Mar 15
|*K-12 Educator Member||$50||$85|
* NEW Registration Categories available for the 2023 Annual Conference! To qualify for one of these registration rates, the registrant must be a current AAS member and select their primary occupation that coincides with the special rate during the registration process.
In-Person registration, for attendees who wish to join us in Boston, will include access to all conference activities on site, as well as complimentary access to the virtual portion held February 17-18, where attendees can participate in all online conference activities available to virtual attendees.
2023 Virtual Registration Rates
Early Bird Rate
Thru Feb 13
|*K-12 Educator Member||$25||$55|
Student Group Registrations
Professors or teachers interested in registering a group of students to the AAS 2023 Conference may register students at the AAS student member conference registration rate (see posted rates). Individual Student membership is not required to take advantage of this rate, however, the students must be registered as a group by the hosting institution, professor, or teacher.
The AAS welcomes students of all levels (high school, undergraduate, and master’s programs.) We will require proof of student enrollment status for all group registration applications.
Deadline to request student group registrations is February 13, 2023. After this date, we are unable to process group registrations.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
By registering for the conference you are agreeing to the AAS Anti-Harassment and Respectful Behavior Policies.
By registering for the conference you are agreeing to the Virtual Code of Conduct
Health & Safety Expectation
Our top priority is the health and safety of all attendees. As always, the AAS will adhere to all federal and local guidelines regarding our annual conference. Precautions at meeting time may include but are not limited to – wearing a mask, social distancing, additional cleaning periods between room usage, temperature checks, daily health screenings, proof of vaccination, and/or proof of negative COVID-19 test. The AAS will communicate all procedures and information regarding precautions to registered attendees prior to the conference. To ensure everyone’s safety, the AAS reserves the right to remove an attendee from the conference in the event of an attendee not following the announced guidelines.
Permission to Photograph Likeness
By registering for the Association for Asian Studies Conference you are agreeing to the Policy Governing the Recording of Conference Sessions and/or Events. The recording, rebroadcasting, or reproducing of any AAS conference session or event is prohibited without the approval of the AAS. Any presenter of a session or event recorded by AAS will be notified ahead of time and asked to complete a release form. During the course of this conference, I acknowledge that I may have my voice, likeness, and/or actions captured in photographs, video, and/or audio recordings. As a condition of my attendance at this conference, I agree to irrevocably grant to the Association for Asian Studies (“AAS”), its assigns, licensees, and successors the right to video, photograph, publish, record, broadcast, exhibit, digitize, display, copyright, license, transfer, reproduce, translate, modify, edit or otherwise use perpetually throughout the world, in all media now and hereafter known or devised, in whole or in part, my image, likeness, voice, name, and actions in audio and video recordings, photographs and materials prepared by and/or disseminated by AAS.
Payments / Refunds / Transfers / Cancellations
- Purchase orders, wire transfers, or requests for invoices are not allowed for conference registration payment.
- Regular rate registrations emailed or mailed and postmarked after the February 13, 2023 posted deadline will not be processed. Late registrants will need to register at the posted late registration rates.
- A $25 fee will be assessed for returned checks.
Transfer Registration Between Formats (In-Person to Virtual/Virtual to In-Person)
- Registered attendees are allowed to transfer registration between attendance formats. The AAS will not charge a fee to transfer registration type.
- Attendees registered for in-person attendance but who are switching to virtual-only, will be refunded the price difference of the current registration rate. Attendees registered under the virtual-only rate, who are changing to attend in-person, must pay the difference in registration fee added to their AAS account before participating in Boston. Any registrant with a balance on their AAS account cannot pick up their conference name badge until the balance is paid.
- If you are no longer able to attend in-person and would like to transfer your registration status to virtual-only OR if you would like to transfer your virtual registration to in-person registration, please complete this form to request your change in registration type by February 13, 2023.
Transfer/Substitute Registration from one person to another
- If you would like to transfer your paid registration to another individual, please contact the AAS to complete the request by February 13, 2023. Please note, the registration is only transferrable to an individual who is currently in the same membership category (member to member, student to student, etc.). firstname.lastname@example.org
- All registrants are responsible for ensuring internet access is available during the conference dates for the virtual format of the 2023 annual conference. Failure to gain internet access is not cause for issuing a refund and these requests will not granted.
- Some conference content will be held on platforms such as Zoom, Vimeo and Go-to-Meeting. We cannot offer refunds or partial refunds to attendees unable to access these platforms due to geographic location or security protocols on the computer in use.
- If you are unable to attend either the in-person or virtual conference and require a refund, the AAS charges a $15 administrative cancellation fee for student & K-12 educator member registrations and $25 for all other registration categories.
- PLEASE NOTE DEADLINES FOR:
- PANEL PARTICIPANTS CANCELLATIONS: If you have paid the registration fee and are ultimately unable to participate either in-person or virtually, the deadline for anyone participating (Organizer, Panel Chair, Presenter, or Discussant) in a session to cancel their registration and receive a refund is December 1, 2022. All refunds will incur a cancellation fee ($15 students/$25 all other categories). Refund requests from participants received after December 1, 2022 will not be granted.
- GENERAL CONFERENCE ATTENDEES REFUND REQUEST: If you have paid the registration fee and are unable to attend either in-person or virtually, the deadline for a general conference attendee (not participating in a formal session) to request a refund and cancellation is February 13, 2023. All refunds will incur a cancellation fee ($15 students & K-12 Educators/$25 all other categories).
- After February 13, 2023, no refunds will be issued for cancellations of any type. All cancellation and refund requests must be made in writing. Please mail, or e-mail cancellation requests to: Registration, Association for Asian Studies, 825 Victors Way, Suite 310, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 USA; or via E-Mail: email@example.com.
In the event the virtual portion of the annual conference is unable to move forward due to technical issues such as failure of the platform providers, regional or universal power outage, loss of pre-recorded data, etc., the AAS 2023 virtual component of the annual conference will be rescheduled at the next available date and time, once the technology failures or issues have been resolved. Refunds will not be issued to virtual-only attendees if the conference does not take place on the originally scheduled dates; as stated above the dates will be rescheduled.
Registration Category Definitions
Please review the following definitions to determine which registration category you should select for the AAS Conference.
Regular Member/Retired Member:
Anyone who has joined the AAS and membership is current and has not expired prior to registering.
Student Member*: Anyone who has joined the AAS as a student and is currently working toward an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degree. Proof of qualifying student status is required when joining.** Post-doctorates are not considered students.
K-12 Educator Member*: A K-12 teacher who has joined the AAS and whose membership is current and has not expired prior to registering. Your primary occupation must be listed as K-12 educator in the registration process to qualify for this rate.
NEW! The AAS is offering a K-12 Educator One-Year Trial Membership! Learn more on the Membership page.
Librarian Member*– A Librarian who has joined the AAS and whose membership is current and has not expired prior to registering. Your primary occupation must be listed as a librarian in the registration process to qualify for this rate.
Non-Member+– Anyone who is not a current member and/or membership has expired prior to registering for the AAS 2023 Conference.
Student Non-Member**: Individuals currently working toward an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degree. Proof of qualifying student status is required with registration.** Post-doctorates are not considered students.
*Individuals interested in attending may join the AAS to receive discounted rates. You may join and register in one transaction. Learn how in our step-by-step instructions.
+Feature available for Non-Member Registrations – ADD a membership category to your registration form to get discounted member rate. Separate transactions are not necessary.