AAS 2021 Registration Rates
Registration for the AAS Annual Conference includes:
- Full access to all virtual convention sessions
- Keynote Address, Awards Ceremony & Presidential Address
- All panels, roundtables & workshops
- Access to all virtual convention-wide receptions and events
- Access to the Virtual Exhibit Hall and Film Expo
- Convention Program
- The opportunity of a lifetime to network with past, present, and future colleagues
Attendees who do not register, can still participate in limited conference activities. See the benefits of registering for premium access below.
How do I register?
Registration for the AAS 2021 Virtual Annual Conference will open December 7, 2020. To receive the discounted member registration rate, membership must be current when registering. To renew your membership or to join, click the Join the AAS button below.
ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF VIRTUAL REGISTRATION AND ATTENDANCE
- Ability to watch sessions on-demand at your leisure, on your own schedule.
- Ability to view more sessions online than you ever could in-person (unless you clone yourself!)
- Ability to visit more exhibitors than ever before without missing a session.
- Ability to virtually meet with editors with exhibiting publishers.
- Save on travel time and costs.
Registration Category Definitions
Please review the following definitions to determine which registration category you should select for AAS Conference.
- Regular Member: Anyone who has joined the AAS and membership is current and has not expired prior to registering.
- Student Member**: Anyone who has joined the AAS as a student and is currently working toward an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree. Proof of qualifying student status is required when joining**. Post-doctorates are not considered students.
- Non-Member – Anyone who is not a current member and/or membership has expired prior to registering for the AAS 2021 Conference.
** You must be a current STUDENT MEMBER to qualify for the student member conference registration rate. If you have joined the AAS as a regular member and selected ‘Student’ as your demographic you ARE NOT considered an official AAS STUDENT MEMBER. You must have joined the AAS in the STUDENT MEMBER CATEGORY ($40) to receive the discounted conference student rate. Non-member student rates ARE available for this virtual conference.
Interested in registering a group of students for the Conference?
Professors or teachers interested in registering a group of students to the AAS Virtual Conference, may register students at the AAS student member conference registration rate (see posted rates). Student membership is not required to take advantage of this rate, however the student must be registered as a group by the hosting institution, professor or teacher.
The AAS welcomes student levels from high school, undergraduate, and Master’s programs. We will require proof of student status.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering for the convention you are agreeing to the AAS Anti-Harassment and Respectful Behavior Policies.
By registering for the Association for Asian Studies Conference you are agreeing to the Policy Governing the Recording of Conference Sessions and/or Events. The recording, rebroadcasting or reproducing of any AAS conference session or event is prohibited without the approval of the AAS. Any presenter of a session or event recorded by AAS will be notified ahead of time and asked to complete a release form.
By register for the convention you are agreeing to the Policy Governing Photography and Filming. During the course of this conference, I acknowledge that I may have my voice, likeness and/or actions captured in photographs, video and/or audio recordings. As a condition of my attendance at this conference, I agree to irrevocably grant to the Association for Asian Studies (“AAS”), its assigns, licensees and successors the right to video, photograph, publish, record, broadcast, exhibit, digitize, display, copyright, license, transfer, reproduce, translate, modify, edit or otherwise use perpetually throughout the world, in all media now and hereafter known or devised, in whole or in part, my image, likeness, voice, name and actions in audio and video recordings, photographs and materials prepared by and/or disseminated by AAS.