AAS 2021 Virtual Conference
Did you miss the virtual conference? Well, you are in luck! Almost all the sessions were recorded as well as special events! Available through April 30, 2021, you can register for an on-demand access pass to recorded programming. This is an all-access pass to AAS 2021 Virtual Annual Conference content on demand at your convenience to watch and re-watch.
The On-Demand Access Pass includes 24/7 viewing to the following until April 30, 2021:
- Recordings of 350+ sessions with any Q&A and discussion that took place live, including:
- Organized panel and roundtable sessions
- Digital lightning technology workshops
- 120+ Individual paper presentations
- Keynote address
- Presidential address
- Special Plenary: Race/Racism in Asia/Asian Studies
- Opening and closing ceremonies
- Special musical performances by Chindon’ya and Aeolian Trio
- Exhibit Hall
Browse the online program for the full session listings and topics covered.
* Please note: Access to on-demand content is not immediate. Please allow up to 24-hours to receive your Virtual Platform Access Key via email. If registration is received over the weekend, access will not be available until the next business day.
Virtual Program Access
PREMIUM Access is available to all PAID registrants and includes access to all sessions, individual presentations, film expo, networking and more.
BASIC Access is available; free access to special events, film expo & the exhibit hall. Create an account on virtual platform for Basic (limited) access.
Student Group Registrations
Professors or teachers interested in registering a group of students to the AAS Virtual Conference, may register students at the AAS student member conference registration rate (see posted rates). Individual Student membership is not required to take advantage of this rate, however the students must be registered as a group by the hosting institution, professor or teacher.
The AAS welcomes students of all level (high school, undergraduate, and master’s programs.) We will require proof of student enrollment status for all group registration applications.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering for the conference you are agreeing to the Virtual Code of Conduct
By registering for the conference you are agreeing to the AAS Anti-Harassment and Respectful Behavior Policies.
Payments / Refunds / Cancellations
- Purchase orders, wire transfers, or requests for invoices are not allowed for conference registration payment.
- Standard rate registrations emailed, postmarked, or faxed after the February 28, 2021 posted deadline will not be processed. Late registrants will need to register at the posted late registration rates.
- A $25 fee will be assessed for returned checks.
- All registrants of the virtual conference are responsible for ensuring internet access is available during the conference dates, including the extended dates. Failure to gain internet access is not cause for issuing a refund and these requests will not granted.
- Some conference content will be held on platforms such as Zoom, Vimeo and Go-to-Meeting. We cannot offer refunds or partial refunds to attendees unable to access these platforms due to geographic location or security protocols on the computer in use.
- If you are unable to attend and require a refund, the AAS charges a $10 administrative cancellation fee for student registrations and $20 for all other registration categories.
- Any registrant can cancel their registration and receive a refund by logging into their AAS account and selecting cancel on their event registration by January 14, 2021.
- PLEASE NOTE DEADLINES FOR:
- PANEL PARTICIPANTS CANCELLATIONS: If you have paid the registration fee and are ultimately unable to participate, the deadline for anyone participating (Organizer, Panel Chair, Presenter, or Discussant) in a session to cancel their registration and receive a refund is January 14, 2021. All refunds will incur a cancellation fee ($10 students/$20 all other categories). Refund requests from participants received after January 14, 2021 will not be granted.
- GENERAL CONFERENCE ATTENDEES REFUND REQUEST: If you have paid the registration fee and are unable to attend, the deadline for a general conference attendee (not participating in a formal session) to request a refund and cancellation is March 1, 2021. All refunds will incur a cancellation fee ($10 students/$20 all other categories).
- After March 1, 2021, no refunds will be issued for cancellations of any type. All cancellation and refund requests from January 14 – March 1 must be made in writing. Please mail, fax, or e-mail cancellation requests to: Registration, Association for Asian Studies, 825 Victors Way, Suite 310, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 USA; Fax 734-665-3801; E-Mail: email@example.com.
In the event the virtual conference is unable to move forward due to technology issues such as failure of the platform providers, regional or universal power outage, loss of pre-recorded data, etc., the AAS 2021 Virtual Conference will be rescheduled at the next available date and time, once the technology failures or issues have been resolved. Refunds will not be issued if the conference does not take place on the original scheduled dates; as stated above the dats will be rescheduled.
Registration Category Definitions
Please review the following definitions to determine which registration category you should select for the AAS Conference.
Regular Member/Retired Member:
Anyone who has joined the AAS and membership is current and has not expired prior to registering.
Student Member*: Anyone who has joined the AAS as a student and is currently working toward an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree. Proof of qualifying student status is required when joining.** Post-doctorates are not considered students.
Non-Member+– Anyone who is not a current member and/or membership has expired prior to registering for the AAS 2021 Conference.
Student Non-Member**: Individuals currently working toward an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree. Proof of qualifying student status is required with registration.** Post-doctorates are not considered students.
*Individuals interested in attending may join the AAS to receive discounted rates. New! You may join and register in one transaction.
+New Feature for Non-Member Registrations – ADD a membership category to your registration form to get discounted member rate. Separate transactions are no longer necessary.