AAS 2021 Virtual Conference
The AAS 2021 Virtual Conference will include all of the same great content, networking and opportunities as you’ve come to enjoy at in-person events.
Virtual Program Access
PREMIUM Access is available to all PAID registrants and includes access to all sessions, individual presentations, film expo, networking and more.
LIMITED Access is available; free access to special events and portions of the exhibit hall.
Student Group Registrations
Professors or teachers interested in registering a group of students to the AAS Virtual Conference, may register students at the AAS student member conference registration rate (see posted rates). Individual Student membership is not required to take advantage of this rate, however the students must be registered as a group by the hosting institution, professor or teacher.
The AAS welcomes students of all level (high school, undergraduate, and master’s programs.) We will require proof of student enrollment status for all group registration applications.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
By registering for the conference you are agreeing to the Virtual Code of Conduct
By registering for the conference you are agreeing to the AAS Anti-Harassment and Respectful Behavior Policies.
Payments / Refunds / Cancellations
- Purchase orders, wire transfers, or requests for invoices are not allowed for conference registration payment.
- Standard rate registrations emailed, postmarked, or faxed after the February 28, 2021 posted deadline will not be processed. Late registrants will need to register at the posted late registration rates.
- A $25 fee will be assessed for returned checks.
- If you are unable to attend and require a refund, the AAS charges a $10 administrative cancellation fee for student registrations and $20 for all other registration categories.
- Any registrant can cancel their registration and receive a refund by logging into their AAS account and selecting cancel on their event registration by January 14, 2021.
- PLEASE NOTE DEADLINES FOR:
- PANEL PARTICIPANTS CANCELLATIONS: If you have paid the registration fee and are ultimately unable to participate, the deadline for anyone participating (Organizer, Panel Chair, Presenter, or Discussant) in a session to cancel their registration and receive a refund is January 14, 2021. All refunds will incur a cancellation fee ($10 students/$20 all other categories). Refund requests from participants received after January 14, 2021 will not be granted.
- GENERAL CONFERENCE ATTENDEES REFUND REQUEST: If you have paid the registration fee and are unable to attend, the deadline for a general conference attendee (not participating in a formal session) to request a refund and cancellation is March 1, 2021. All refunds will incur a cancellation fee ($10 students/$20 all other categories).
- After March 1, 2021, no refunds will be issued for cancellations of any type. All cancellation and refund requests from January 14 – March 1 must be made in writing. Please mail, fax, or e-mail cancellation requests to: Registration, Association for Asian Studies, 825 Victors Way, Suite 310, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 USA; Fax 734-665-3801; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Category Definitions
Please review the following definitions to determine which registration category you should select for the AAS Conference.
Regular Member/Retired Member:
Anyone who has joined the AAS and membership is current and has not expired prior to registering.
Student Member*: Anyone who has joined the AAS as a student and is currently working toward an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree. Proof of qualifying student status is required when joining.** Post-doctorates are not considered students.
Non-Member+– Anyone who is not a current member and/or membership has expired prior to registering for the AAS 2021 Conference.
Student Non-Member**: Individuals currently working toward an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree. Proof of qualifying student status is required with registration.** Post-doctorates are not considered students.
*Individuals interested in attending may join the AAS to receive discounted rates. New! You may join and register in one transaction.
+New Feature for Non-Member Registrations – ADD a membership category to your registration form to get discounted member rate. Separate transactions are no longer necessary.