AAS 2020 Registration Rates
Registration for the AAS Annual Conference includes access to general sessions (Keynote Address, Awards Ceremony & Presidential Address), all panel sessions, admission to the AAS exhibit hall, film expo, access to AAS receptions & special events, one (1) drink ticket to AAS member reception, tote bag, program book* and online access to the conference presentations and the AAS2020 Mobile App.
*Save $10-Register at the Green Conference Rate.
Attendees registering at the Green Registration rate WILL NOT recieve a Print Program. Attendees will navigate the conference using the Mobile App, Online Itinerary Planner or PDF copy of the Program
Interested in bringing a group of students to the AAS? Click here for more information
Professors or teachers interested in bringing a group of students to the AAS conference, may register students at the AAS student member conference registration rate (see posted rates). Student membership is not required to take advantage of this rate, however the student must be registered as a group by the hosting institution, professor or teacher.
The AAS welcomes student levels from high school, undergraduate, and Master’s programs. We will require proof of student status.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Registration Category Definitions
Please review the following definitions to determine which registration category you should select for AAS Conference.
- Regular Member: Anyone who has joined the AAS and membership is current and has not expired prior to registering.
- Student Member**: Anyone who has joined the AAS as a student and is currently working toward an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree. Proof of qualifying student status is required when joining**. Post-doctorates are not considered students.
- Non-Member – Anyone who is not a current member and/or membership has expired prior to registering for the AAS 2020 Conference.
** You must be a current STUDENT MEMBER to qualify for the student conference registration rate. If you have joined the AAS as a regular member and selected ‘Student’ as your demographic you ARE NOT considered an official AAS STUDENT MEMBER. You must have joined the AAS in the STUDENT MEMBER CATEGORY ($35) to receive the discounted conference student rate. No retroactive changes will be made to current regular member registration types. Please direct membership questions to Doreen Ilozor, Membership Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently, we do not offer student non-member rates.
Program Book Mailing -Optional Item
The AAS does not mail Name Badges or Print Programs* (with one exception). All badges and programs are distributed on-site in Boston.
*If you would like to receive the print program in advance, you may pay an optional $15 postage fee. The program will be mailed approximately 2 weeks prior to the conference start date. The $15 program postage fee is non-refundable.
Note: You may not register at the GREEN rate and also select the $15 postage option. Individuals registering at GREEN rates and selecting the postage option will be contacted and charged the additional $10 for a program. The registration category will be updated to reflect a standard registration.
Payments / Refunds /Cancelations
• Purchase orders, wire transfers, or requests for invoices are not allowed for conference registration payment.
• Pre-registrations emailed, postmarked, or faxed after the February 18, 2020 posted deadline will not be processed. Late registrants will need to register on-site in Boston at the posted on-site rates.
• A $25 fee will be assessed for returned checks.
If you are unable to attend and require a refund, the AAS charges a $15 administrative cancellation fee for student registrations and $20 for all other registration categories. PLEASE NOTE DEADLINES FOR REFUND REQUESTS
• PANEL PARTICIPANTS REFUND REQUEST: If you have paid the registration fee and are ultimately unable to attend, the deadline for anyone participating (Organizer, Panel Chair, Presenter, or Discussant) in a session to request a refund of conference registration fees is December 2, 2019. All refunds will incur a cancellation fee ($15 students/$20 all other categories). Refund requests from participants received after December 2, 2019 will not be granted.
• GENERAL CONFERENCE ATTENDEES REFUND REQUEST: If you have paid the registration fee and are unable to attend, the deadline for a general conference attendee (not participating in a formal session) to request a refund and cancellation is February 18, 2020. All refunds will incur a cancellation fee ($15 students/$20 all other categories).
• After February 18, 2020, no refunds will be issued for cancellations of any type, including no-shows. All refund and cancellation requests must be made in writing. Please mail, fax, or e-mail cancellation requests to: Registration, Association for Asian Studies, 825 Victors Way, Suite 310, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 USA; Fax 734-665-3801; E-Mail: email@example.com.
Permission to Photograph Likeness
By registering for the Association for Asian Studies Conference you are agreeing to the Policy Governing the Recording of Conference Sessions and/or Events. The recording, rebroadcasting or reproducing of any AAS conference session or event is prohibited without the approval of the AAS. Any presenter of a session or event recorded by AAS will be notified ahead of time and asked to complete a release form. During the course of this conference, I acknowledge that I may have my voice, likeness and/or actions captured in photographs, video and/or audio recordings. As a condition of my attendance at this conference, I agree to irrevocably grant to the Association for Asian Studies (“AAS”), its assigns, licensees and successors the right to video, photograph, publish, record, broadcast, exhibit, digitize, display, copyright, license, transfer, reproduce, translate, modify, edit or otherwise use perpetually throughout the world, in all media now and hereafter known or devised, in whole or in part, my image, likeness, voice, name and actions in audio and video recordings, photographs and materials prepared by and/or disseminated by AAS.