AAS Membership Manager
Ann Arbor, MI
The Association for Asian Studies (AAS) is a global non-profit academic association. We are dedicated to the advancement of the field of Asian Studies through international exchange, networking, publications, research support, and career development.
The Membership Manager’s primary role is the management and administration of all aspects of member relations. This is a full-time position based in our Ann Arbor office. We offer a competitive salary and robust benefits package. We are currently working remotely but are looking forward to adjusting to a hybrid schedule by the end of 2021. Therefore, we prefer candidates from southeast Michigan. Prior non-profit experience is a definite plus.
- Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members and cultivation of new members, including the creation of new member benefits and regular solicitation of member feedback.
- Collaborate with Digital Media Manager on writing and sending the Member News & Notes email.
- Collaborate with AAS’s other department heads to achieve Membership goals.
- Provide membership data and materials for our Board members upon request.
- Manage AAS’s evaluation programs with a focus on member service excellence, including but not limited to, coordination of surveys throughout the year.
- Communicate to current and potential members via telephone (outbound and inbound calls), direct mail, and email communication.
- Responsible for oversight of automated renewal reminders and managing daily membership renewals, assisting members with the process as needed.
- Responsible for managing journal subscription mailing list.
- Manage the annual membership election, including voting platform and organization of and reporting on election figures.
- Use Higher Logic Real Magnet email engagement platform for membership communication and outreach.
- Use existing Association Management System (AMS) to manage membership renewals and data. (Familiarity with Impexium AMS or similar AMS a plus)
- Manage membership data integrity measures to ensure quality data within the membership database (Impexium).
- Travel to Annual Conference to ensure successful onsite execution of programs, membership renewals, and conference registration.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum two years’ professional experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service and to lead and balance work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; prior experience being able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks required.
- Program planning, implementation, and evaluation experience preferred.
- Prior success with managing, facilitating, and presenting to groups required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a positive, can-do attitude necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint; adept at mastering new technology needed.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to AAS’s mission required.
To apply: Please send a résumé and cover letter to AAS Executive Director Hilary Finchum-Sung, firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will begin on July 6 and continue until the position is filled.