- Elora Shehabuddin, Rice University, Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Transnational Asian Studies (Chair)
- Mona Bhan, DePauw University, Anthropology
- Manan Ahmed, Columbia University, History
- Nusrat Sabina Chowdhury, Amherst College, Anthropology
- Shenila Khoja-Mooliji, Bowdoin College, Women’s Studies
- Amrita Basu, Amherst College, Political Science
- Ayesha Irani, University of Massachusetts Boston, Literature/Translation Studies/Art
- Jinah Kim, Harvard University, Art History
- The Ananda Kentish Coomaraswamy Book Prize, which honors the author of the best English-language work in South Asian studies.
- The A.K. Ramanujan Book Prize for Translation, which recognizes and encourages translations from South Asian languages into English.
- The Bernard S. Cohn Book Prize for first books on South Asia.
SAC Prize for Best Graduate Student Paper
The South Asia Council awards a prize for the best paper presented by a graduate student at the Annual Conference.