- Sonja M. Kim, Binghamton University, State University of New York, Asian and Asian American Studies (Chair)
- Celeste Arrington, George Washington University, Political Science
- Charlotte Eubanks, Pennsylvania State University, Comparative Literature
- Yulia Frumer, Johns Hopkins University, History of Science
- Jina Kim, University of Oregon, Literature
- Suzy Kim, Rutgers University, History
- Kate McDonald, University of California, Santa Barbara, History
- Grace En-Yi Ting, University of Hong Kong, Gender Studies
- Jolyon B. Thomas, University of Pennsylvania, Religious Studies
- Committee on Korean Studies
Chair: Maya Stiller, University of Kansas; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Modern Japan Network (Publisher of Early Modern Japan: An Interdisciplinary Journal)
Chair: Philip C. Brown, Department of History, The Ohio State University, email@example.com
- The John Whitney Hall Book Prize, given annually to the author of an outstanding English-language book on Japan.
- The James B. Palais Prize, given annually to an outstanding scholar of Korean studies from any discipline or country specialization.
NEAC Prize for Best Graduate Student Paper
NEAC administers a prize for the best paper presented by a graduate student at the AAS Annual Conference.
Hamako Ito Chaplin Memorial Award
A NEAC representative sits on the committee overseeing the Hamako Ito Chaplin Memorial Award for Excellence in Japanese Language Teaching.