- Alisa Freedman, University of Oregon (Chair)
- Yoshikuni Igarashi, Vanderbilt University
- Nayoung Aimee Kwon, Duke University
- Hwansoo Kim, Yale University
- Eiko Maruko Siniawer, Williams College
- Akiko Takenaka, University of Kentucky
- Joan Ericson, Colorado College
- Charles Kim, University of Wisconsin
- Marcia Yonemoto, University of Colorado
- Committee on Korean Studies
Chair: Sunyoung Park, USC; email@example.com
- Early Modern Japan Network (Publisher of Early Modern Japan: An Interdisciplinary Journal)
Chair: Philip C. Brown, Department of History, The Ohio State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The John Whitney Hall Book Prize, given annually to the author of an outstanding English-language book on Japan.
- The James B. Palais Prize, given annually to an outstanding scholar of Korean studies from any discipline or country specialization.
NEAC Prize for Best Graduate Student Paper
NEAC administers a prize for the best paper presented by a graduate student at the AAS Annual Conference.
Hamako Ito Chaplin Memorial Award
A NEAC representative sits on the committee overseeing the Hamako Ito Chaplin Memorial Award for Excellence in Japanese Language Teaching.