- Peter J. Carroll, Northwestern University, History (Chair)
- Christopher P. Atwood, University of Pennsylvania, History
- Ching Kwan Lee, UCLA, Sociology
- Joanne Smith Finley, University of Newcastle, Anthropology
- Patricia Thornton, Oxford University, Political Science
- Michelle C. Wang, Georgetown University, Art History
- Shellen Xiao Wu, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, History
- Yi-Li Wu, University of Michigan, Women’s Studies
- Yongming Zhou, University of Wisconsin, Anthropology
- CIAC administers a Small Grants Program.
- Two Levenson Book Prizes (pre-1900 category and post-1900 category) for English-language, nonfiction scholarly books on China
- The E. Gene Smith Book Prize for English-language scholarly books on Inner Asia
- The Patrick D. Hanan Book Prize for Translation for translations from Chinese or Inner Asian languages into English
CIAC Prize for Best Graduate Student Paper
CIAC recognizes outstanding scholarship presented at the AAS Annual Conference with the CIAC Prize for Best Graduate Student Paper.